Each of us need to invest in and develop relationships with God and with God’s people, the church. This is the inward dimension to our spiritual lives. God didn’t just create you to worship Him, but also to love others. You were created to be social, to be in relationship with others. Jesus said that the greatest commandment was to love God, but the second greatest was like it: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:39
Being in a life group and having a focus on it as a church allows us to live like the first church did in Acts. They hung out day after day in the temple and in homes and shared meals. They did life together.
The benefits of a life group structure include the following:
- Every person can participate.
- More people are cared for.
- People are assimilated more quickly into the life of the church.
- People experience more accountability.
- More people are trained for ministry.
- More people reach out.
- Spiritual gifts are discovered quickly as people are encouraged to take on roles in the group according to their giftedness.
- Life Groups reach out as teams.
- More people serve.
- People experience exponential growth.
- Addition vs. multiplication.
We believe everyone needs to be a part of a life group. There are more than 30 commands in the New Testament that you really can’t obey unless you are part of a small group. These are the “one another” commands of the New Testament. This is how a church can grow big but still be personal and maintain friendships.
If you would like more information on either joining a Life Group or leading one, please fill out the form below